Athena Pappas | Patriots Freedom
From my father’s point of view, without a thought for self, a true patriot stands up against the stones of condemnation and speaks for those who are given no real voice in the halls of justice or the halls of government.
Justice. Do you believe it still exists? If so, is it equally distributed?
The past four years have caused me to wonder if true justice really takes place in America anymore. Just today a good friend asked me, “How come the Democrats get away with everything?”
She went on to list several of the things that troubled her most:
- The Russia hoax
- The Hunter Biden story
- The narrative about the January 6th “insurrection”
- The election results
She was troubled by more than that, but the conversation just kept coming back around to this very important word: justice.
Does it exist?
Thomas Steinbeck said: “without a thought for self, a true patriot stands up against the stones of condemnation.”
If you’re a parent and you feel like your kiddo is being bullied or picked on, (or if you think a teacher isn’t treating him fairly), you get involved with zero thought for yourself. You just dive in headfirst, ready to stand up for the defenseless one.
These days, I almost feel that conservatives are the defenseless ones. We’re facing stones of condemnation like we’ve never seen before. Most of these things feel arbitrary, overwhelming, and wholly unfair.
- I think of the discrimination we’re facing at the hand of Big Tech.
- I’m reminded of the unfair slant in the mainstream media.
- I’m concerned by the cancel culture mentality coming from The Left.
- I’m weary with the accusations that Trump supporters are somehow bad people.
- I’m exhausted with the lies that conservatives are bigoted.
- I’m tired of being mandated by Big Brother.
- I’m worried because we seem to have no recourse when we’re canceled. They decide we’re out. . .and we’re out.
To me, these are all “stones of condemnation” from the tyrannical left and they’re always laced with accusations about us. They are rooted in untruth and manipulation and are meant to discourage us and stop us in our tracks.
The quote doesn’t stop there. In the second half Steinbeck motivates us to action with this admonition: “and speaks for those who are given no real voice in the halls of justice or the halls of government.”
Conservatives are facing that across the board. No one seems to give us a real voice when we stand falsely accused.
- Many of my favorite conservative talk show hosts have been booted from Big Tech.
- Heck, the President of the United States was booted from Big Tech. (If they can take him out, what can they do to the rest of us?)
- I’ve seen popular conservatives with large followings banned from Facebook for supporting Trump or mentioning concern about election fraud.
- Just today I learned that LifeSiteNews (a pro-life ministry standing for the unborn) was permanently booted from YouTube.
Here’s a quote from Doug Mainwaring, a journalist for LifeSite News:
“This is no longer a game of trying to play by the Tech Titans’ arbitrary, leftist, virtue-signaling rules. We are in a war waged by left-wing liberals seeking to annihilate all conservative voices. It’s crystal clear: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and the others have now fully weaponized their platforms against conservatives in general and orthodox Christians in particular. Emboldened by the advent of the Biden-Harris regime’s takeover of the White House, social media has ramped up its fascist silencing tactics. If you are a conservative Christian, the tech giants hate you and want to eradicate you. They clearly think that you shouldn’t exist. You are being driven out of the modern public square, the internet, where only liberal voices are permitted to speak.”
So, how do we “stand against the stones” when we’re being silenced at every turn?
- First, we don’t panic. We don’t let them throw us off our game. They want us to think we’re losing everything, that they’ve got us by the throat, but we’re really just regrouping and rebuilding.
- Second, we stick together. There’s power in numbers.
- Third, we create new platforms with safety features built in.
- Finally, we decide to move forward, no matter what they throw our way. We can’t let them win. We must continue to stand against the stones, even if they’re being hurled at us like Goliath, attempting to take out David. (Reminder: little David won that battle because he stood against the stones.)
It’s what our forefathers would have wanted.
It’s the only choice we have.
Don’t give up. Stand strong.